Wednesday, June 5, 2013

What makes you drool? (Part 1)

      Being far from home, other than missing friends and family, I find myself often times thinking of food back home. Today, I thought it would be nice to share with you guys some of the food I've been craving for! 

1). Breakfast

     Sometimes I like to start my day of simple. A piece of roti canai to go with my favorite mutton curry! ummm.. Just the thought of it makes my mouth waters. But wait.. lets not stop there.. there is no drink that goes better with my roti canai than a cup of teh ice. I may not know a lot about love.. but I have to say.. this combination is like a match made in heaven! The slightly salted roti canai goes so well with the tasty mutton curry! And if you are not a fan of mutton.. you can also try it with chicken or fish curry! the dal curry is also to die for! I know what you are thinking.. I like to eat sweet stuff in the morning.. well believe or not.. ask for a plate of sugar.. BAM! magic happens.. Roti Canai practically goes well with everything and anything. Ask them to put bananas in it or cheese or egg or sardine or onions.. it all taste amazing!    

Teh Ais
    
Roti Canai

 

  













        Another good way of starting my morning would be none other than the popular Nasi Lemak. I can almost smell the coconut milk from here. What I like most about Nasi Lemak is how the flavors go so well with one another. The peanuts and ikan bilis (anchovies) bring an extra crunch to the already flavorful rice. I am quite picky when it comes to the sambal. I like my sambal thick and not dilute. I like it to taste salty-sweet and spicy. The rice is so filled with flavor, I could eat it on its own. I would save most of the sambal to eat with the egg.. I LOVE EGGS. If you are thinking this is too much; too much flavor, too much taste.. well, not to worry! because the cucumbers are there for you! and if it is not enough for you, you can have my portion of cucumbers too! I still struggle eating my vegetables. When it comes to Nasi Lemak, I think my favorite drink to go with it is Teh-O-Ais-Limau (Sweet Tea with Lime).

Nasi Lemak
Teh-O-Ais-Limau
  

No comments:

Visitos Since 2 August 2008